It is an honor when a friend asks you to help him shop for a new Legacy, Impreza WRX, or Outback. To ensure that you will be of help to your buddy, take ample time to prepare yourself before heading out to a Lafayette Subaru dealership. This can be accomplished by completing these preparations:
1. Ask your friend specifics about the cars he is interested in. There is no sense on studying all the models when he only wants to buy a Subaru Tribeca with 5-speed automatic transmission and anti-lock brakes (ABS).
2. Will you be looking at used or new vehicles? If your friend cannot afford a brand new vehicle, research older models. You can find a lot of valuable information online, including today’s market values. What are dealerships, as well as private sellers, asking for their second hand automobiles?
3. Insist your friend test drives several vehicles in the price range he can comfortably afford. Although his mind is set on a specific car, there may be a better option waiting just around the corner. Creating doubt generally gets the job done. If the first car is still the better option after you have checked out several vehicles, you will know that he will be making the right choice.
4. Checking out current interest rates can prevent that your friend will sign for an expensive loan. Banks constantly advertise interest rates for personal loans. If the Lafayette Subaru car dealership can beat that rate, you can tell your friend to go ahead and sign the loan application form.
5. Be present during price negotiations. Being all excited about his purchase, your friend may not realize that the salesman is not offering him the best possible deal. He may pinch off a few dollars, but not enough to make the price more appealing than the one at a competitor across the street. Make sure your friend keeps both feet on the ground before finalizing a sale.